This is me growing

Very easy to work these to death. Pretend you’re water. Just floating without any effort. Having a good day. This is the fun part You don’t want to kill all your dark areas they are very important. All you have to learn here is how to have fun. We’ll do another happy little painting.

Don’t be bashful drop me a line. Just think about these things in your mind and drop em’ on canvas. Put light against light – you have nothing. Put dark against dark – you have nothing. It’s the contrast of light and dark that each give the other one meaning. We’re not trying to teach you a thing to copy. We’re just here to teach you a technique, then let you loose into the world. Making all those little fluffies that live in the clouds.

You need the dark in order to show the light. And that’s when it becomes fun – you don’t have to spend your time thinking about what’s happening – you just let it happen. Get tough with it, get strong.

I guess I’m a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. That’s okay though; I have more fun than most people. Just a happy little shadow that lives in there. You can get away with a lot. Trees live in your fan brush, but you have to scare them out. Just take out whatever you don’t want. It’ll change your entire perspective.

We have a fantastic little sky! We spend so much of our life looking – but never seeing. See there, told you that would be easy. Use what you see, don’t plan it. You have to make these big decisions.

We need dark in order to show light. In painting, you have unlimited power. You have the ability to move mountains. You can bend rivers. But when I get home, the only thing I have power over is the garbage. This is a happy place, little squirrels live here and play.