What I’m writing about

We wash our brush with odorless thinner. If you’ve been in Alaska less than a year you’re a Cheechako. The light is your friend. Preserve it. Put it in, leave it alone. I want everbody to be happy. That’s what it’s all about. From all of us here, I want to wish you happy painting and God bless, my friends.

Everybody needs a friend. Trees get lonely too, so we’ll give him a little friend. Have fun with it. Let’s do it again then, what the heck. I can’t think of anything more rewarding than being able to express yourself to others through painting.

And that’s when it becomes fun – you don’t have to spend your time thinking about what’s happening – you just let it happen. These trees are so much fun. I get started on them and I have a hard time stopping. With practice comes confidence. It’s a super day, so why not make a beautiful sky? I’m going to mix up a little color. We’ll use Van Dyke Brown, Permanent Red, and a little bit of Prussian Blue. The shadows are just like the highlights, but we’re going in the opposite direction.

There it is. Those great big fluffy clouds. You have to make those little noises or it won’t work. Once you learn the technique, ohhh! Turn you loose on the world; you become a tiger. I thought today we would do a happy little picture. We’ll take a little bit of Van Dyke Brown.

Now it’s beginning to make a little sense. Just let go – and fall like a little waterfall. Don’t fiddle with it all day.

If what you’re doing doesn’t make you happy – you’re doing the wrong thing. No pressure. Just relax and watch it happen. Let’s put some happy little clouds in our world. You can do it. See there how easy that is.