Me

I am a senior at Iowa State University doubling in animal ecology (wildlife care) and biology. I spent six months studying zoology at the University of Tasmania in Tasmania, Australia, where I traveled the Eastern half of mainland Australia, most of Tasmania, and both the Northern and Southern islands of New Zealand. Studying abroad has allowed me to be knowledgeable in both American wildlife as well as Australian and Kiwi wildlife.

Most of my experience in the field is as a wildlife rehabber, but I have also studied in many biology laboratories. Interning at the New England Wildlife Center taught me basic husbandry tasks, the importance of specialized diets, how and what to administer for medication, and how to admit an animal for animal care. I was also able to assist in surgeries and necropsies, attend lectures about wildlife care and odd pets (part of the Odd Pet Vet at the clinic), and create protocols for species.

In the future I hope to intern at a zoo, attend the MAT graduate program at Iowa State University (for teaching high school science), and keep pursuing my passion as a wildlife rehabber and possibly a zookeeper.