Presentation – Reflection

1.) Choosing what items to make happen during my presentation was an easy thing to do. Every item I put onto my poster had a thought behind it for meaning. When it came to present I made sure to show the flow of my poster and what each element meant. Like having the background with a horizon to promote looking into the future. Making the mission statement in big letters to make sure the purpose of the program was apparent. All of these little elements was to make to help entice the reader to want to check out the program and further investigate.

2.) My strength in oral presentations is my ability to be calm and not nervous in front of an audience. It helps when it seems to keep the flow of the presentation and to be more understood. Also prepare=ing my self with note cards to makes sure I hit key points that needed to be spoken on to make sure the point of my poster was portrayed. Developing these strengths came with years of experience in theater and speech classes.

3.) One of the big challenges that came with this project was the time frame in which to speak on the poster. I was nervous I would not have enough information to present to the audience. So I made sure to go back through my poster and give every time on my poster a meaning so I would have plenty to go off of. I set a goal in the future for oral presentations to make sure I give my self enough info to go off of.