Reflection: Documented Essay

This last paper I did on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program was one of the best writing I have done. My improvement in this piece was the use of the information I gathered from reliable resources and making sure to incorporate a variety of different views on the situation. I used a story from someone to show one of the stances I took in the paper.

“ ‘Are you buying your groceries with cash?’

The first time a stranger approached me in a Food for Less in a low-income                community asking me this, I thought, ‘What an odd question.’

What difference does my payment method make? Why would I divulge that information — to a     stranger no less? Then it hit me.

When I politely declined, the stranger insisted.

‘I’ll give you $60 for $25,’ she said.

She was offering to exchange her Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, otherwise known as food stamps, for cash from me.

(Why Buying Food Stamps Is a Bad Idea)

I thought this was a little instance where I really was able to communicate to the audience a specific stance people had on this topic through real-life experience.

The difference from this peace to past pieces was the amount of outlining and planning I had to do in order to make sure I had a good set up to my paper. It was hard to compile a list of good strong stances from different views on the topic because I had to find reliable sources for each stance. I have managed my time on this assignment better than any other in the past. I think that helped me to be able to get a good outline with great resources to get the viewpoints across.