This page contains links to various artifacts from my lessons. These artifacts include lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, images, and external websites that were used to facilitate learning activities.

ESL Academic Writing Course: Peer Review Workshop

Below is a link to a lesson plan for a student-directed peer review workshop. It demonstrates my ability to effectively integrate technology (e.g., Canvas discussion board assignments) into course instruction. It also exemplifies the techniques I employ to facilitate peer review sessions.

Peer Review Lesson Plan

FY Writing Course: Introducing Assignment 3

Below are links to materials used for a lesson intended to introduce important concepts related to the third major writing assignment for English 150. For this assignment, students were required to submit a written profile of a campus organization or program.

Links to Sample News Profiles:

1. “Exclusive: A first look inside Google’s top-secret design lab”
  2. “Chobani’s Billionaire Founder on Creating Jobs in America”
  3. “Making Ideas into Reality at MIT’s Future Factory”
  4. “Ideo, an innovative design company”
FY Writing Course: Introducing Assignment 5

Below are links to materials used for a lesson intended to introduce important concepts related to the fifth major assignment for English 150. For this assignment, students were required to reappropriate one of their earlier assignments to create a visual form of communication (e.g. brochure, poster, infographic, etc.). The lesson introducing this assignment (and the unit as a whole) exemplifies my use of project-based learning in the classroom. It also serves to demonstrate my emphasis on multimodal communication.

Group-4 visual