A3 – Reflection Opportunities

1.)  Choosing the Study Abroad program came with my love and appreciation for traveling and experiencing new cultures. The program’s mission to “get your backpack ready for an adventure full of new experiences in a new location, with a new culture and unique people around every corner” is another key factor in my willingness to choose this program. Using that statement from the program is how I wanted to capture the young curious minds of fellow students. Giving them a sense of adventure and a yearning to learn how they can start their journey to new world experience.

2.) Learning what the program provides for its students opened my eyes on how ISU cares for its students. Students are given the ability to further their education in different cultural settings and given the ability to learn new cross-cultural skills and have amazing experiences. The amount of programs that are provided through Study Abroad is immense. I did not expect to see so many different opportunities provided by the program.

3.) The ability to add visuals into my paper to improve the reading experience really helped add to my writing technique. Placing the images in the correct locations on the page to make sure it matched the flow of the writing became challenging. I was able to pick the perfect places giving more to the paper than just words. Improvements open the flow of my paper from paragraph to paragraph came with the help of in-class teaching and book studies. I was able to connect my paragraphs effectively to help improve the flow of my paper for the readers.

4.) Scheduling out my writing process for this paper is one of the big things that helped me. I planned out over the week the amount of time delegated to research, writing, and revising. In the long run, this helped me stay on track and also kept me from rushing through certain steps in my writing process. I am one to rush through the research part and spend more time on writing but with the help of a schdule, I forced my self to spend more time researching.  With more research time my paper was able to be more structured and informative for the readers.

5.) Adding visual elements into my paper was a difficult task in the beginning. Making sure that the visually made sense with the text that was around it was key. I had to read each paragraph a couple of times to make sure I knew what kind of picture I wanted in that area and where I would want the picture to be. It took a while to figure out the pictures and placement but in the end, I think I was able to provide a perfect flor between writing and pictures for the reader.