Visual Communication

Visual Communication

Reflection of Visual Communication

Visual Reflection

With the increase in technology of the 21st Century, visual communication is becoming increasingly more important. Whether it be an infographic produced by a graphic designer, or a poster on the bulletin board outside a classroom, visual communication is around every corner. Having knowledge of how visuals can affect the perception of the audience is a key advantage when designing a presentation or marketing a product. For this ePortfolio I chose to represent my research presentation for my visual communication piece.

The reason I chose this second PowerPoint presentation is because my first one didn’t have very good visuals and lacked organization. I spent a lot more time on this second presentation, and put a lot of thought into how I wanted my presentation to present itself. I first started with a layout and theme that I thought was sophisticated enough to not bombard the audience, but also fit into the tech theme of my topic. I decided to go with a blue and white theme that has faint, gray, geometric lines in the background. I then focused on the images I wanted to put in my picture. In my presentation that I gave to the class, Professor Gallagher said my visuals were a little deviant of the topic, and I believe he was referring to my cookie. For this portfolio, I decided to change this image, and instead decided to add a data bank image in the slide that represented third party data collection. I deleted the cookie and added the image of the data bank, because I believe that this is a better representation of the material I wanted to present to the class.

I believe that through taking the time to develop the visual aspects of this presentation, I have become a better and more effective visual communicator. Through the course of this past semester I have learned a lot about visual communication and how it applies to my life and a daily basis. In the future I will definitely take the knowledge I have gained about visual communication and apply it to many aspects of my life.

Research Essay Presentation