I learned that I need to put more thought into transitions between paragraphs, and sometimes I repeat the same word over and over. When I made an effort to connect each paragraph seamlessly, I could see a big difference in the way the writing flowed and came together. I noticed that I repeated the word “happiness” a few times, so I figured out that I could replace it with the word “joy.”

During this piece, I thought I put the right amount of detail. I ended up with the number of words required for the summary without checking multiple times, just by doing a comprehensive summary that covered each point thoroughly but succinctly. 

It would be valuable to add more details when the writing I am summarizing is longer or covers a topic that is more in-depth and needs more explanation. More details would make the summary easier to understand from the reader’s point of view. It would be good to include fewer details if the topic was relatively simple to understand or if the piece being summarized is shorter.