I learned that I should develop my paragraphs more. If I expand my ideas by using examples or quotations, it would help support my claims. I improved on transitions between my paragraphs, connecting the end of one paragraph to the start of the next one. In my summary, I included too many details, and here I made sure to succinctly describe my ideas.  Using an outline before I elaborated on each point allowed me to organize my ideas and carefully think about how each of my points connected to the thesis.

In the future, I will always write an outline before I start my essay, and when revising, I will be sure to check if I have included enough examples and quotations that effectively support my claims. I believe the simple habit of writing up an outline before actually writing the essay is successful in organizing my ideas. Writing the analysis and thinking everything out carefully helped me understand how I write.

Writing the rhetorical analysis also helped me deepen my understanding of ethos, pathos, and logos, as it made me look in the article and create an argument for each of them, instead of just reading and memorizing the definitions of the appeals. This way, I will be better able to use the appeals in my own writing.