I chose this presentation as evidence for my best work because I put thought and effort into details and attempted to create the most visually appealing presentation I could within the limited amount of time I had. I believe the work I put in paid off, and that the end result was eye-catching but did not detract from my spoken presentation and supplemented it instead.

In order to keep the presentation simple so that it would not be distracting or confusing, I stuck to two main colors: yellow and black. These make for an aesthetically pleasing contrast and still makes everything clear. In addition, I used minimal words on each slide and used graphics to clearly show the point I was trying to make.

I also used small icons that quietly indicate what the slide is about. For example, I used bold quotations in the middle of a slide whenever a quotation was presented, I put a traditional map marker icon on the slides that showed country-specific data, and on the last slide that lists references, which a casual viewer would gloss over, I added a small book that might make them linger a bit longer.

Furthermore, the graphics I provided were deliberate and meant to drive home the point I was making. For example, I used a photo of smiling Amish children to support the idea that happiness is not derived from money. I used colorful maps and animations to draw the eye to what I was talking about. When I switched from talking about America to talking about Ecuador, I grayed out the statistics for America so that they could still be seen for comparison, but were not the main focus.

This presentation demonstrates how I have grown as a presenter throughout the semester and truly improved my ability to create an interesting presentation. I combined the feedback I received from previous presentations along with peer review to ensure everything was in place to create an organized and clear final product.